Analytics
3.5K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

How to move a Property from one Account to another?

[ Edited ]
S K
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
S K
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It seems you have to delete a property and recreate it within the account where I want it to go.  Caught this info from a forum response to a question about "promoting a property to an Account"...

It's not possible to "move" things from account to another, so here's waht you do to delete the property:

1. Select the Admin tab and navigate to the property you wish to delete.
2. In the PROPERTY column, click Property Settings.
3. Click Move property to Trash Can.
4. On the confirmation screen, click Move property to Trash Can.

Your property, and all the reporting views in the property, will be permanently deleted 35 days after being moved to the Trash Can.

I don't really want to lose 2 years of data on the site, so is there a way to retrieve the property from the Trash, as seems to be hinted at above??

Thanks,

Steve

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

NO!!!!   New capability exists that allows you to MOVE a property between accounts.

Admin > Property > Property Settings > Move property button in upper right corner!

Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

S K
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
S K
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks...I found it moments before I saw email notification of your response.  Weird thing is though, that I moved the property to the proper account, and then deleted the account which was emptied, and I am not seeing the moved property in its new home??

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Mike, I hope it's ok to jump in on this. I have followed your instructions but can only see the 'move to trash can' button. Would the reason I can't see it be something to do with the permissions for my property's login? Thanks.