Analytics
2K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

How to migrate analytics accounts available in one business account to another

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our agency business has hundreds of analytics accounts set up for our clients.  The business has been split into two and I'm part of the ownership group taking these accounts with us and wanting to retain analytics data for our clients -  however the current analytics are setup under emails belonging to the old business which will soon be shut down.  How can I retain access to them under a new business name and business email account?
If I simply add myself as a manager/user - once the old email associated with the accounts is shut down - my access will be as well - will it not?

thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chad F
February 2017

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

If you add yourself as an admin, with full access, then you can 'own' the account and remove the other users. It will not matter what happens to the old email address.

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chad F
February 2017

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

If you add yourself as an admin, with full access, then you can 'own' the account and remove the other users. It will not matter what happens to the old email address.

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.