Analytics
2.1K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

How to grant google analytic permission for specefic countries only?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

How can I grant google analytic access to user  for specific countries only.

Example : I want user to see only Apac Report or India report

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author riyaj s
January 2017

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, one of the solutions coud be creating the separate view with country filter. Then You'll be able to grant the users an access to that specific view. More on View filters in help pages https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1034773?hl=en&ref_topic=1034830

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Riyaj! 

This could be done in different ways and depends how you've set up tracking in Analytics (e.g. if you have different ccTLDs under different Analytics properties; .in for India etc. in which case you could just give the user access to that specific property). 

However, I assume that you have all countries under one domain and one Analytics property (e.g: .com). In this case the best way would be to create a separate Analytics View for each country/region and then grant the user access to those Views.

How to create view for specific country/region:

1) Go to the Admin tab in Analytics > click drop-down menu under View and "Create new view" > give a name to your View and choose reporting time zone.

2) When the View is created click on Filters under the View tab > Click red button "+ Add Filter" and apply the following filter: 

Filter Type: Custom filter > Include

Filter Field: Country

Filter Pattern: India (if several countries separate with bar; India|China|Vietnam|...)

How to add user for country specific View:

When you've created your country/region specific View you can just add a user under the View tab (as opposed to Account or Property). I suggest to just add Read & Analyze. 

Good luck!

Thanks

Tobias