Analytics
2.2K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

How to gain access to your Analytics account / Property.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I took over managing my companies google account and there is/was a linked in google analytics account with the previous manager.  I was made a manager using my google id but I can't figure out how to access the google analytics account linked to our website.  I don't want to start over with a new tracking code.  How can I get my ID on the analytics account that already exists under their ID?

1 Expert replyverified_user

How to gain access to your Analytics account / Property.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

When you were added to the account, did you receive an email with a link in it to access it?

Even if you did not, you should be able to go to this page:

https://www.google.com/intl/en/analytics/#?modal_active=none
and click Sign In at the upper right and then select Analytics from the drop down

If you log in and dont see the Account.. scroll to the bottom of the table and click the option at the lower right to Refresh the table.. 
Or select Admin and check the Accounts in the drop down and then select the relevant Property or View

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here