Analytics
2.2K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

How to find which email/analytics account is associated with current GA code?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I recently reviewed our website and saw that the tracking code (UA-...) for Google Analytics was not the one we should be using. The data we were being shown did not make sense, and there was no data prior to March.

I don't remember changing that code in the past, so I don't know how it could be wrong. I've checked all the accounts I manage and I cannot find any one associated with the old analytics code. Still, I'd like to access historical data and, if possible, merge it with the new data collected with the currently valid tracking code.

• How can I find out which account is associated with that code (or ask google to contact that account, or to verify that I am the legitimate administrator).
  • I tried contacting different support teams, and they all referred me elsewhere. Google Apps support does not deal with Google Analytics stuff. I contacted the local support team in Spain for Google Adwords and they told me they do not deal with Analytics. (However, multiple posts on this forum refer people to Google Adwords support when they request to contact the Analytics support team). Which team should I call/contact, and how?
  • If I go to https://support.google.com/analytics/?hl=en#topic=3544906 and click on How to contact support, I am taken to a general website with a list of Google Products. No contact form, no phone number, nothing.
  • Despite what the support team told me when I called them, I cannot see any Contact form on the upper-right corner of the screen when I access https://support.google.com/analytics.

Cheers

Ivan

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to find which email/analytics account is associated with current GA code?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Ivan,

AdWords phone support will deal with Analytics questions too if, and only if, you are a current Google AdWords customer.

Otherwise, you only have the possibility to restart with a completely new tracking code on your site to get access.

Christoph