Analytics
2.2K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

How to find out the account a tracking ID is linked to?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

In August, I created a Google Analytics Tracking ID for our new website (starting UA-800) and put it into the CMS.

However, when I log in to my google analytics account to view the analytics, the Tracking ID associated with the account is different (starting UA-400). It turns out this code is pulling results from our old website. The new and old website use the same URL.

So now I have access to view the analytics of the tracking ID UA-400, but it is not linked to our  new website, and I have no way of viewing the analytics of UA-834, which is linked to our new website, because that ID is no longer linked to my google analytics account. I have no idea why it is no longer there.

Do you know a way to re-link an ID to an account or find out what account an ID is linked to?

Any help will be really appreciated.

Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
Were you logged into a different google account when you created the new property (starting UA-800) for the new website? You may be logged in with the wrong email login if you have more than one google account or more than one email address associated with a google account.

When you log into google analytics, and click the Admin tab, on the Admin account page, if you select the Account column, is there more than one Account.. if so, is the new Property in the other Account.. 
If there is only one Account.. and you look in the drop down options of the middle column, is the other Property selectable from the drop down?

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Bronwyn,

Thanks for your reply. Much appreciated.

As far as I am aware I was logged into the correct/usual google account. I have tried logging in with different emails to see if I was logged into a random one, but no success.

When I log in, there is only one account and one property. 

Do you think there is a way I can find out what account the UA-800 is linked to?

Thanks again.