Analytics
1.8K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

How to determine account administrator?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am a regularly permissioned user and need to know who is an administrator for our company's Google Analytics account, but cannot seem to track this down. Is there a way to find out such information?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to determine account administrator?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Casey G,

The easiest way would be for you to contact those in your organization - ask your colleagues. Unless you are a Premium client, then it's not as easy as to simply get that information unfortunately.
Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn

Re: How to determine account administrator?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Year back I tried to retrieve access to one account. I had no idea about any admin nor did any other associated with that account.
After some emailing back and forth with AdWords help (I knew that they had AdWords account) I had 2 choises:
1) I needed admin access to the linked AdWords account, this way I could have admin access provided by Google staff to that GA account
2) They would send email to all emails with Admin status in GA and hopefully one of them would answer

I was out of luck that time and I could not get admin access to AdWords nor heard that Google staff received any replies from current admins.

If you don't have AdWords account you most likely won't get even to speak to Support. If you try to get admin access to AdWords with Supports help you need to provide some information about the AdWords account, like billing info and latest campaigns.

But this was year ago, hopefully processes have been streamlined.

--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible