Analytics
1.9K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

How to create GA setup For more then one websites on same ip

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I have basic knowledge of google analytics but now I am stuck with a big problem don't know how to fix it. I have 8 websites working on single IP as

Bwmaritime.com - 168.63.169.232 - Singapore

Bwfm.com - 168.63.169.232 - Singapore

Bwgroup.net - 168.63.169.232 - Singapore

Bwshipping.com - 168.63.169.232 - Singapore

Now I want to create a google analytics setup for each website but when I create a property for one website the analytics id copied in all websites you can check now it is UA-45736821-1

really don't know how to manage this. please tell me if you need any information from my side to get this.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to create GA setup For more then one websites on same ip

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Gaurav,

The IP's are irrelevant. There is not enough information here to provide any tracking strategy on whether you should be using multiple properties, cross domain etc.

That said, if for some reason you cannot change to a unique web property (assuming this is the correct strategy based on your needs) then you can still break them out into unique views. Simply create hostname filters for each (e.g. Admin>>View (dropdown)>>create New View; then in the new view setting Filter>>New Filter>>(template or custom) and your filter pattern bwfm.com or if custom bwfm\.com.) and then repeat for each site.

More here:

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033162?hl=en

and here:

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1034823

It's always a good idea to test your filters first in a duplicate "testing view" first. IF you don't and you do it wrong.. you could -- and probably will -- compromise your data collection.

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn