Analytics
3.9K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

How to Remove 'All Website Data'

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I recently added two new websites/accounts to Google Analytics, but now it says 'All Website Data,' and I want this removed. I want my new website accounts to be listed in GA the same way as my now established branded websites. I read that I need to add filters to new accounts for the 'All Website Data' to be removed, which I have done, however, how long will it take, and is there another step I must take? 

I know this is a confusing request, but I essentially want my GA accounts listed properly so they track. I am not even sure if the tracking is working properly as I have just set it up. 

Please let me know if anyone has any insight into this concern.

Thank you,

Danielle 

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Danielle,

Usually, one organization has 1 account and multiple properties (for each website). So every website has it's own unique tracking ID. 

This is a great overview: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1009618?hl=en

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Taavi

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Taavi! I have added the new websites as Properties, and inserted the new GA ID and script into our HTML. However, when will the 'All Website Data' text be removed? I am worried it will not track properly. 

Re: How to Remove 'All Website Data'

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

All Website Data is the name of the View. You can change it if you want. A good practice is to have at least 3 views in a property:

1) Master View - that is the main view where you should add all the necessary filters.

2) Test View - that is the view where you test filters and configurations before you use them in the Main View.

3) Raw Data View (All Website Data) - this is the view that doesn't include any filters. You don't need to remove it.

That's how you can create a new view:

view1.png

That's how you can copy an existing view:

view2.png

That's how you can change the name of a view:

change name.png

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

Taavi

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Taavi! I truly appreciate your assistance. I was able to successfully change the name of the View. 

As for the additional Views, I am a little confused as to what I do with these views. Are they absolutely necessary? Once I create these views, do I need to set up additional features?

Thank you again! 

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

As long as you're not planning to add any filters to your existing view, they are not that important. Once you create these views, you do not need to set up additional features, but you can.

There is a great article that describes that a bit more: https://www.e-nor.com/blog/google-analytics/best-practices-views-google-analytics

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Taavi