Analytics
5.4K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

How do i delete my website from an analytics account?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi.. my website is a property in an analytics account that I can't manage. My previous host has the management of the account and i would like to make my own. I tried lots of ideas but nothing. I think it's best for me to own the account and do anything I want with it. Is there any solution? I can not find my previous host ..or he doesn't want to help me and give me the management of the account. I want do delete my website from this account and make my own account . Is there a solution?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author George L
March

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi George 

You'll possibly want to retain access to the current account/property etc so you can view the historical data at least.

To create you own analytics account, at the bottom of the left column is gear icon labelled ADMIN.
Click the gear and it will take you to the analytics admin page where there should be 3 columns ACCOUNT, PROPERTY, VIEW
Click the drop down in the Account column and at the bottom of the drop down there should be an option to Create new account
Use that to create your new analytics account, it will also generate a new Property with a single All Website Data View.
You will then need to remove the existing tracking code from your website and add the tracking code for your newly created Property so as to track data with it.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had the same question quickly after I opened my account. Similar to opening a new account as answered below, at the bottom of the left column is gear icon labelled ADMIN.
Click the gear and it will take you to the analytics admin page where there should be 3 columns ACCOUNT, PROPERTY, VIEW.

In the Property section, select user management. You should be able to move property to trash, which then deletes your content. Hopefully that helps.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have not used mu account for a while and meanwhile I have given up on all my websites and one of them I still need to verify and since I no longer own it, I cannot verify it although, I just checked and It is available again. How can I delete this website from my account. Another issue is that when I opened my merchant account, it was from my first website which I also no longer owned, and my admin account is with this website and for the like of me, I cannot remember the password and the two options I got for retrieving my password are using the last password that I used for this account and contact the domain admin which I cannot do.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, since I am trying to go back into ecommerce and I cannot start without my merchant account properly working.

Thank you.