Analytics
2.7K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

How do I undue/disconnect my Google Analytics?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, 

I created my Google analytics using using the wrong gmail account. 

All looks good but I need to UNDUE my email from Google Analytic and re do it using the correct gmail account. 

I cannot find a way to undue, disengage, disconnect, or separate the current gmail account from google analytics.  Once that is done, I can re do it using the correct gmail account.

Your feedback will be appreciated.

DH

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How do I undue/disconnect my Google Analytics?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi :-)
Dont delete or disconnect etc the current email address.
of the GA interface.
Select the GA account from the drop down in the first column
Then click on User Management option below that, still in the first column ACCOUNT
Where it says Add permission for:
Add the correct gmail account and make sure you tick all four permission options available
and also have the system send an email to the correct gmail account.
Once that is done..log out of google
and log into gmail with the correct gmail account and find the email that GA sent you
and then make sure you can access it all with full admin permissions at the account level
Once you ahve done that.. then while still logged in. under User Management, you should be able
to then remove the email access taht was incorrect.
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Bronwyn,

I will follow your suggestion BUT first, it just occurred to me, is there a
way to email me the current statistics and view? just for the record as of
today.

Then I will proceed with your instructions.

Your feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks.

--
David J Hernandez

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Please ignore the info request 38 minutes ago on how to obtain the current statistics for the site. I read some more and found a way to email me the report. Thanks.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi David :-)
Sorry i did not have a chance to reply sooner. I'm not a Google employee of any sort, I volunteer my time here helping ppl, just like other Top Contributors, Rising Stars and Community Users do as well. Sometimes its not always possible to post a reply back straight away.

I am happy to hear you were able to find the information you needed though, thanks for posting back to let me know :-)

Thanks
Bronwyn

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here