Analytics
4.8K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

How do I permanently delete references to our old site and CMS?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I replaced my old website, which was on Joomla and hosted by HostMonster, with one on Squarespace.  We have deleted our Joomla account, but google analytics still thinks it's alive, so it shows up in Google Analytics, and I get notices from Google about updating to a new version of Joomla.  How do I erase all lurking references to our old Joomla site for good?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ann O
April 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
Can you pls clarify what you mean when you mention google analytics still thinks its alive?

I think the joomla upgrade notifications are to do with google search console. Are they being seen in analytics via a notification over the bell at the upper right? If so and you click the notification, then you should have the option to ignore or dismiss it.

If you have search console linked to google analytics, since redoing the site, have you submitted new sitemaps and pages for crawling etc.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ann O
April 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
Can you pls clarify what you mean when you mention google analytics still thinks its alive?

I think the joomla upgrade notifications are to do with google search console. Are they being seen in analytics via a notification over the bell at the upper right? If so and you click the notification, then you should have the option to ignore or dismiss it.

If you have search console linked to google analytics, since redoing the site, have you submitted new sitemaps and pages for crawling etc.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here