Analytics
4.2K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

How do I get access to my analytics account from someone else

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had someone build out my website and create a Google Analytics account. I now need to make someone a manager on it but the person who set it up and built the site isn't returning my phone calls. How do I get access to it?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How do I get access to my analytics account from someone else

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Oliver G,

This does happen from time to time and it is always unfortunate for the business.

I would suggest you take a look at this thread that covers the process and follow it step by step.  If you do not have an AdWords account, I would suggest you make one (even if for only this purpose) as that is going to make this all work. 

If you do not have an AdWords account, and do not want to make one... I would suggest you make a new Analytics account, set yourself and another company officer as admins (so this cannot happen again) and move forward. I say this as the security of accounts is serious with all Google products and they do not readily assign people to other people's accounts. Whoever created it owns it and needs to grant you permission. 

Kind Regards,

James