Analytics
2.3K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

How do I change a "property" of my analytics account to the analytics account of my child?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

When my son was a child I had to register his "property" in my google analytics account. Now he has grown up and wants to have his own analytics. What steps should I take to give my son his "property" so he can have it in his own Analytics?

For your attention, thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How do I change a "property" of my analytics account to the analytics account of my ch

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

You cannot move a property to another account. Your son needs to set up a new property under his own analytics account. Please read about the hierarchy of accounts, users, properties, and views here:
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1009618?hl=en

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Re: How do I change a "property" of my analytics account to the analytics account of my ch

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your answer.
I already read the information. Therefore, I would like you to tell me if I would be violating any provision of google, by doing the following:
1) My son activates his own analytics.
2) I delete the "property" from my account. (even if the information is lost)
3) Then my son regiters that "property" in his account.

Would this procedure be appropriate?

Thank you very much.

Martha
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Marhuez
June 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Martha,

The property your son will create in his account will be a completely new property so you won't be violating any provision of google.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Once again thank you very much for your help,

That resolves all my doubts, have a really nice day.

Martha.