Analytics
2K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

How can I remove my GA Statistics? I want to start over. Thanks

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mark M
November 2015

Re: How can I remove my GA Statistics? I want to start over. Thanks

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 14
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Mark, then go ahead and create a new Property. Did you see my sceenshot link I posted previously? Once you have created a new property it will automatically create a new view. You will need to update the tracking code on your site with the new ID. Like I said before, I do not know what happens when you delete all views.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Mark,

You can delete the view(s):
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1009621?hl=en
Hope this helps.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Mark,

If you want to completely start over then then you should delete from property level. ADMIN > Property > Property Settings > Move To Trash Can in top right. This will remove everything including your account linking, remarketing lists and social settings. For this option you will be required to put a new tracking code on your site.

If you want to remove only stats , goals and filters then I suggest view level as mentioned by Arnold. ADMIN > View > View Settings > Move To Trash Can in top right. For this option you will not need to touch your onsite tracking code.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I"m looking to just remove the stats (not the account) so I'm opting for your 2nd suggestion. Just to be clear then .... after I 'move to trash can' I won't have to do anything else to get GA to track my site? The only customization that i have is adding a filter to filter out my own IP address...which I can easily recreate.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
example....once I delete the view will I have to recreate it from scratch? If yes, how do I do that?

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Mark, After you delete all your views I suggest that you use the first view as the RAW view (no filters), then create another view and call it FILTERED or CURRENT and add all your filters to that view.

You will not need to do anything but create a new view. To create a view navigate to the view drop down box and click on "create new view" http://pasteboard.co/2tQzv5ad.png

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Bryan... so if I delete a view then I MUST create a new view else I won't be able to track stats going forward?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Correct, there always need to be a default view. I have never deleted all views (not sure if Google even allows it) , you may need to create the new ones first, then remove the one you do not want.

Just a warning if you are using AdWords. You will need to relink your AdWords to the new view. You can do this by going to Property > AdWords linking > Link Group Name > Link Configuration > edit > Turn on link

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
followup... even though I just deleted the view ... ALL of the stats are still showing up. My goal is to remove those stats.