Analytics
1.7K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

How Can I Get an Accurate Read on Unique Visitors?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there any way to get an accurate reading on the number of users on my site from June - now? We've  been caught with a lot of that Russian spam, but it will never tell me exactly how many 'users' came about as a result of that, only the sessions - When I go into referral sources, etc. I can never seem to add a metric for unique visits. I want to be able to see how many visitors we have had to our site since June, but looking at the audience overview, I know the number is not accurate because the spam is eating in to that.

There were days where we may have allegedly had 300 visitors to the site - and then when I look at the timeline, there's just a spike at a certain time. So I can probably 'assume' that it's not accurate, but when I go into the source/medium, it only gives me sessions and new users which isn't really of any use to me. I need to see unique visits.

Can anyone shed some light on this???

1 Expert replyverified_user

How Can I Get an Accurate Read on Unique Visitors?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

#1 I would strongly recommend that you filter "Domain Referrals". This essentially tells Analytics to ignore recording traffic from specific domains. A great article on how to do this can be found here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1034842?hl=en 

#2 In Acquisition -> All Traffic -> Referrals - you should be able to see "New Users" in the Acquisition section. 

Let me know if this solves your problem! 

- Josh

Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’