Analytics
4.8K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Historical Data is Showing Not Set in Acquisition>Channels

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to check historical data of a domain and it is showing "not set" under Acquisition>Channels without any filters before 25 Jul 2013.

Final 2.jpgData before 25 July 2013

If I check the data from 25 Jul 2013 to till now it shows different channels such as direct search, organic search, PPC, referral, display, etc.

Final.jpgData from 25 July 2013

I know the fact that PPC, display traffic depends on ads. but I want to check the direct and organic traffic of the domain before 24 Jul 2013 and it only shows NOT SET traffic. the website wad created in 2011. Kindly check the images and help. Also the the Not set data shows some strange data which I shared.Kindly check the images and help.

Not set data insights.jpgNot Set Data Insights

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ankur S
March 2016

Re: Historical Data is Showing Not Set in Acquisition>Channels

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I might be wrong, but the default acquisition channels report might have been introduced way back then. If you look at the same data, but by medium, does it still show the channels as (not set) before that date?

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ankur S
March 2016

Re: Historical Data is Showing Not Set in Acquisition>Channels

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I might be wrong, but the default acquisition channels report might have been introduced way back then. If you look at the same data, but by medium, does it still show the channels as (not set) before that date?