Analytics
4.4K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Help with google analytics tracking codes

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi, I created a blog through Wix last week and set up Google Analytics. I received the tracking code, it was completely set up, and I spent sometime yesterday looking through stats. I got into work this morning and wanted to look at the stats again. However, when logging into Google Analytics on my work computer, it didn't register that I had previously set up an analytics account ID number and I was forced to sign up again and in doing so I received a new tracking code. It says I was logged in to the same account I had previously set up Google Analytics with, but it didn't register that I had an analytics account. Now, I have a new tracking ID and I can't find any of my previous stats/information from the past week. How do I get rid of the new tracking code, re-link Google Analytics with my old code, and access all the stats from the past week? This is incredibly frustrating that Google didn't realize I previously set up a tracking code and I don't want to lose the information from the past week. The older tracking code is still in Wix.

Help with google analytics tracking codes

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Kirstin,

Are you sure that you didn't use different email ID while generating your tracking code a week before? . Possible common mistake will be you might have used different email id in wix and used the same for Google Analytics [only my guess Smiley Happy ]

Thanks,

Sira