Analytics
5K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Help retrieving previous ownership of google analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I user had originally claimed our google analytics account, but unable to find this individual due to this being a business account, and finding the correct person who is no longer working for the company. Does anyone know how I can find out who the ownership of my analytics site is under?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Help retrieving previous ownership of google analytics

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Tyler A,

There is no clear way of determining who the previous owner is. 

However,  if you use AdWords and/or have edit ability for the website, then you should be able to claim ownership and start using the data in the Analytics account. Also, if you have a AdWords account tied to the property (if a paused/unused one), AdWords support can help with this rather easily. 

To initiate the process of regaining access to your Analytics account, please visit this link. Have the following info:

1) The UA-XXXX-X of the account you require access to.

2) Please specify the level of access you require i.e if you require access at the account level or at the property level. (Account level :UA-XXXX, Property level :UA-XXXX-X).

Once you have done so, please let us know how things go and if you need further help.

Kind Regards,

James