Analytics
2.8K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Help PLEASE! Analytics Useless After Transition to Google My Business Account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can't figure out how to solve this major problem with Analytics. Have spoken on the phone with Google about this and they can't even

give me any solutions...

Was using Google Analytics under a personal work email for company website data. Our company transitioned everyone's work emails

to a Google My Business account. Since then, my previously functioning Analytics cannot be transitioned to the Google My Business email.  

(It is the same email I was registered under Analytics previously). Somehow I can open Analytics, but only with some Google-altered email that appears as bethany%********************@gtempaccount.com , and I can use the old login password.  

I COULD login with this info and terminate the account. I'd simply hate to lose all the info and hard work I put in to the Analytics account.

If I try to login with my current Google My Business account email, I get the message shown in the photo below. I thought that maybe I could 

just start a new Analytics account, but the Google system is obviously not having it. 

What am I supposed to do??

Can't Sign Up For a New Analytics Account. Can't I change permissions on the existing account? Would like to transfer ownership of previous Analytics account to new Google My Business email.Can't Sign Up For a New Analytics Account. Can't I change permissions on the existing account? Would like to transfer ownership of previous Analytics account to new Google My Business email.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Help PLEASE! Analytics Useless After Transition to Google My Business Account

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
the following info should be helpful to you

The gtempaccount is a little separate from a straight on Gmail problem, but I'll jump into explaining the gtempaccount account situation to help clear up why you're seeing this when signing in. There are two kinds of accounts - a personal Google Account that you own, used to access all the different Google services available like Blogger, Picasa, Voice, etc. and a Google Apps account, an account given to you by your company's administrator which allows you access to Google products as well, but your admin has access to any data stored on your Google Apps account (you can visit the Help Center for more information regarding this).

Personal Google Accounts can be created with any username, like an @yahoo.com address or @domain.com address, not just an @gmail.com address. If you first started a personal Google Account on your own with the user...@company.com address to use Google services, and later your company signs up and creates a user...@domain.com Google Apps account for you in their Google Apps domain, there can't be two accounts with your user...@domain.com in the system, even if one is a personal Google Account and the other is a Google Apps account. At this point, your personal Google Account is also known as a "conflicting account." While the accounts had the same name, they were two separate accounts with two different sets of data. You can check this by visiting the Google Dashboard at http://www.google.com/dashboard when signed in to your gtempaccount (the conflicting account) vs. what you see on the Dashboard while in your Google Apps account. Your gtempaccount for example, doesn't have some services like your Google Apps Mail, which is on the account given to you by your domain administrator. Because two accounts with the same name can't co-exist, your personal Google Account will need to be renamed, and until you rename, our accounts system automatically gives you the @gtempaccount.com temporary name until you rename it to an address you can remember. 

When signing in with your theus...@company.com address, we're not sure if you're accessing your Google Apps account or your personal Google Account, and for that reason, we show 'An update to your account is required' page because we need your help in distinguishing between the two accounts. We need you to update your personal Google Account address so we can tell the difference between that account and your Google Apps account. The new name you chose for your personal Google Account cannot be a name that's already used on another Google Account, including your Google Apps @company.com address. 

More information about conflicting accounts can be found at: http://support.google.com/accounts/bin/topic.py?hl=en&topic=28665&parent=28662&ctx=topic

I know this can be complicated to understand, but thanks for your patience (hopefully you were able to read through my post!) and cooperation,
Iris

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Bronwyn,

Thank you for your message and explanation.

As for a solution to this, are you saying I'll need to make a new personal email account

through Google My Business and change the existing gtemp account to that new email which doesn't conflict?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bethany H
May

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I havent had to deal with this before, however if it were me, I would not create a new personal email account thru google my business, I would create a completely unrelated google account for personal use only via gmail that uses say my personal ISP provided email address (non work email address) as the recovery email address during the creation of it

Following page is a helpful read

https://help.gapps.fi/support/solutions/articles/15096-resolving-conflicting-google-accounts

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your help. The articles you shared were helpful and led me to ask the right questions. Ended up getting some Google support and we found a relatively easy solution! Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Thanks for the update @Bethany H,

happy to hear you were able to get the issue looked into and sorted out!

Cheers
Bronwyn