Analytics
4.8K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Help...How do I share data between two properties in the same account?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have a universal analytics account which has different properties. Under some of these properties are different views. One of these properties has a view which is data from a mobile app.

I am now looking to receive this mobile app data into a different analytics property within the same account. Just to say I dont have access to change tracking id's in the app so this is not an option..

a. What is the best way to achieve this?

b. When I transfer this data into new property I would like to set up different filters and track traffic from subdomains to this app too? Is this possible too?

Thanks for your help.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Help...How do I share data between two properties in the same acco

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi John,
to the best of my knowledge, what you are trying to achieve is not possible.
You cant transfer the data for the existing property into another property.
You have the normal data collection and reporting which is done via the usual forms of tracking or measurement protocol
or imported data, however the imported data can only be data for new dimensions/metrics that enhances the data that already exists, or as it is tracked coming in..

Also, in order to track to a different property then the tracking id's within the app would need to be changed as the tracking id ties the tracking to the relevant analytics property reports.

Thanks
Bronwyn

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here