Analytics
2.1K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Having trouble gaining access to a Google Analytics View from a different account

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I am having trouble gaining access to a Google Analytics View from a different account. I received an email stating that I was granted access, but I cannot find it in my GA account. I tried logging out and logging back in, and also tried clearing my browser cache, but neither worked. 

I was only granted access to a specific view within an account. Do I need property-level access in order to gain access to the view within that property?

Has anyone else experienced a similar issue? 

Any advice and/or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Having trouble gaining access to a Google Analytics View from a different account

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Bryan,

Are you sure that you received the email directly to your inbox not through alias or auto forward from some other email?

Thanks,

Sura

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Yes. I am positive.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

If your client uses GA Premium, you will see their GA as a separate account. Can you see two circles on top right corner of your GA? Right most circle will be your Google profile pic and if you click to the one on left will show personal account and other premium accout.

Thanks,

Sura

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

THANK YOU! Now I know for future reference.

I greatly appreciate your help!