Analytics
2.3K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Having same property in two different Accounts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Team

We have the option of moving a property from one account to another, but do we have the option of copying one property into two different accounts?

Thanks

Anand

1 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @GreatWest G :-)

No, that is why analytics gives the ability to manage Users at Account, Property and View levels and assign permissions depending on access needs

You can add other Users to have access to the analytics account.

More info on this can be found in the help docs

https://support.google.com/analytics/topic/6014099?hl=en&ref_topic=1726911

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Bronwyn

Thanks for your help!

Let me explain my case. I have been given task to clean an existing GA account of unwanted and wrong tracking been implemented. At the same time it is the property from which data flows into dashboards being used by top management. Also, the person who had implemented it, hadn't created 3 views as per standard. 

I want to copy the property under different account name and start the cleansing task. In this way i am not touching the master view and creating a cleaned replica of the same. Can you help me if there is any other way to do it?

Thanks