Analytics
6.1K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Have tracking code but no account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys

I have a UA tracking code inserted on one of my websites. I set i up around a year ago. The issue is that I now want to check out the stats on Google analytics, and it turns out that I apparently don't have the specific web site registered with my current Google account.

Do any of you have ideas for how to back track, and get analytics from my UA code?

I could just create a new tracking account, but I'm really interested in the already collected data, since we need it as statistics in a project.

Regards

Lasse Vestergaard

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lasse V
November 2015

Re: Have tracking code but no account

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Lasse,

You need to get access to the Google account under the property was set up, or an account that has access to the property. This is the only way to see the data collected in the property. Hope this helps.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lasse V
November 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Lasse,

You need to get access to the Google account under the property was set up, or an account that has access to the property. This is the only way to see the data collected in the property. Hope this helps.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Arnold

Thanks for the swift reply. I see your point, and I have now chosen to create a new tracking code (thereby loosing all my valuable data :-( )

Regards

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Isn't there a way to have someone call the number on file or send an email to the email on file? I hate to lose all the historic data. Thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
HI Arnold,

I seem to have a similar query. I have a website that has the UA in place, and I recently gained access to a @gmail account for the website. When I logged in, I noticed that it hasn't been registered.

Just wondering if there is a way of editing the UA code when setting up profiles, to include the existing one that is on the site?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello,
I have a google analytics tracking code also but do not know the login that is associated with it. Can google look that information up somewhere? I don't want to lose all the historical data.
Thanks!

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Hi Nadine,

Please check the thread below about regaining access to a Google Analytics account:

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/Regaining-access-to-your-Go...

Hope it helps.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I used to have master admin access to google analytics of my company account. but today morning the access got removed for all the properties and even its removed to all of my company email id who are all admin for the google account. I want to regain the access, can anyone suggest me which is the best way to regain the access to my company google analytics accounts.

Thanks,

Nagaraju

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I used to have master admin access to google analytics of my company account. but today morning the access got removed for all the properties and even its removed to all of my company email id who are all admin for the google account. I want to regain the access, can anyone suggest me which is the best way to regain the access to my company google analytics accounts.

Thanks,

Nagaraju

Rising Star
# 10
Rising Star

1. See if anyone else in your organisation still has access.

2. Follow the link given above and then the instructions given there.

3. Failing that, contact a Google Certified partner for help.

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.