Analytics
4.3K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Have register for a GA account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have registered for a GA account, received a tracking ID and yet, when I log in, it's as though I never registered and is asking to set up an account. On one occasion, I was able to access my dashboard but not since that time. Any help?

Re: Have register for a GA account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Exactly same is happening with me as well. I registered my account, used tracking ID in all the pages of my website, and now i am not unable to find the login page.  GA Home Page always says to Signup, I don't find Sign-In option anywhere. Please help.  

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi John,

Try using this direct URL : https://analytics.google.com/analytics/web/

If you are already logged-in with same google user you will be redirected to your analytics home page.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you. In receiving this email, at my personal gmail account, it occurred to me that somehow, despite having registered my work email and signing up for a GA account, it seemed to default to my personal gmail account...

Now what? How do am I able to access the GA account via my work email address...as I would have to share it with professional colleagues.

Again, thank you.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

John you can set up permissions and share it with you work email and your colleges. Google documentation here. Is it your company or do you just work for them? If you just work for them I would suggest transferring the ownership to a company email address like analytics@mycompany.com

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you. Not having looked at the Google Documentation link, yet, I'm hoping that I can change the password/access without affecting my personal google account.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

You will just transfer over that account or property , it won't change your personal account. Or you can just share that property, the others will be able to view all the data or you can give them management access as well. They will only have access to the account or property or view you grant them, not the rest of you google account.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Again, thank you. Much appreciated. I've granted my professional email access. However, I can't seem to find how to "transfer" over the account.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Well, seems I just need to delete my personal gmail addy...