Analytics
3.8K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Have moved domain, can't update default URL?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I have recently moved from a .co.uk domain to a .com domain - and I am trying to update the default url which is currently set to the .co.uk domain.

How can I change this to the new .com domain? I have tried clicking the property and 'searching' for a new one, but it doesn't apply the change at all.

Thanks in advanced.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi, Andre R,

That's strange. You're trying to update the "Default URL" field in the Property Settings, correct (maybe best to include a screenshot of where you are)? If you have the ability to change it in the first place, then you should also have the ability to save the changes. Can you confirm what type of access you have, and at which level (Account level or Property level)?

Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Nicky,

Just to close this one off, the way I have resolved this is by editing the Property Views from the Admin Tab.

There I renamed the default URL and the associated domain and this resolved the problem for me.

Thanks for your assistance.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 
Further to this feed, I am planning making the same change - and would love some advice from someone that has previously completed this action.  My question really is - will the data behind the url remain when we switch the property settings from .co.uk to .com?  i.e. as long as the tracking code remains the same it really is as simple as updating the url? 

Very grateful for any advice.

Thanks, Kate