Analytics
1.7K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Have data without even using the code

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I set up Google Analytics for a client for the first time. I granted myself access as Admin to the account that client has Super Admin access. Sounds good. I look at Analytics to get the tracking code to paste into their site and I see... traffic has registered? I shouldn't even have any source/medium or referral traffic if I haven't even pasted in the Analytics code. Yet there it is with 11 registered sessions in 2 days, 70% bounce rate and an average of 1.3 pages per session. Am I missing something here? Smiley Happy

с.новым.годом.рф / referral

Re: Have data without even using the code

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I just received a message while logged in:

Tracking Code Mismatch
Tracking code on page www.oursite.com does not match property Our Site's tracking ID UA-xxxxxxxx-x.

Hmmm.... we just created this code Monday. Is it possible that someone is using it elsewhere? I find this very unlikely but the only explanation I can come up with at the moment. Figured I'd send it over to the resident geniuses who might have seen these things before. Smiley Happy