Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Group email registration

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I would like to ask if it is possible to register google analytics for group email/alias. Since I cannot log into this account (it is alias), I cannot verify it as valid email adress. Can you understand my problem?

Thanks in advance,

Adam

Re: Group email registration

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Adam,

So as I understand it you want to be able to login to Google Analytics using a distribution list email address?

This should be possible but only if the distribution list or alias hasn't been made under Google Apps for Business. Do you use Google Apps for your emails?

Ali

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
You understand perfectly.
Yes, we are using Google Apps. So there is no other way around?

Adam
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adam K
June 2016

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Adam,

Sadly aliases aren't individual Google Accounts themselves so the only way to have a single login would be to create a new users with the name you want, give that account access and set up some kind of mail forwarding.

Every user in a Google Apps user list has a Google Account which is usually the default address for that user, so when you try create an account even with an alias it recognises that you already have an account.

Ali

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
OK, I will do that, thanks for the fast replies.

Adam