Analytics
1.7K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Google forms doesn't work with google analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I was wondering the steps needed to find out how many people that visit my site (www.angrygone.com) are clicking on the Google forms "Submit" button. I've already got the Analytics code up and running, but most other goal events involve a button href or URL that is triggered by clicking on the link. Google form seems to not have either of these. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Alex

1 Expert replyverified_user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi, 

I was wondering the steps needed to find out how many people that visit my site (www.angrygone.com) are clicking on the Google forms "Submit" button. I've already got the Analytics code up and running, but most other goal events involve a button href or URL that is triggered by clicking on the link. Google form seems to not have either of these. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Alex

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi, Alex D,

Likely the inability to track the Submit button is because the form is embedded content served through an iframe. This simply means that it's basically another site (where the content is your Google form) that is showing up on your page - a page within a page. Unless you have full access and control of the iframed site (which likely you won't because it's Google's content), then you won't be able to track that particular user engagement.

Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for the prompt response, Nicky. Is there any way to find out if the user clicked on the form at all? It doesn't need to be the submit button, I just want to know whether someone who comes to my website takes the survey or not... there must be some way...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was able to find something similar, opinion stage for wordpress. Would this code be able to be analyzed?

<script>

(function(d, s, id){

var js,

fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0],

p = (('https:' == d.location.protocol) ? 'https://' : 'http://'),

r = Math.floor(new Date().getTime() / 1000000);

if (d.getElementById(id)) {return;}

js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.async=1;

js.src=p + "www.opinionstage.com/assets/loader.js?" + r;

fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);

}(document, 'script', 'os-widget-jssdk'));

</script>

<div id="18576" class="os_widget" data-path="/alexdott/offer-ends-1-1-17" data-comments="false" data-of="alexdott"></div>