Analytics
2.1K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Google analytics registered to an old Google account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all - first time user here!

I now have two google accounts as I have just signed up for G Suite. My analytics is linked to the old google account - can I change it to the new account?

Many thanks for your help!

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ian D
December 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Ian D, 

Welcome to the forum!

Just to clarify, you have two Google accounts (one old, one new), and one GA account, correct? Your GA account is accessed by your old account, and you want to provide access to the new account, correct? Normally, as a GA administrator, you can add other Google-linked email addresses so that those can be used to access the same GA account. All you need to do is to log into GA as normal with your original email address (which should already be linked to Google), and then under Admin > Account, click into User Management, and provide your second email address (which also should be linked to Google).

I believe this should allow you to use your new account. If not, then there may be something different about provisioning GA access for G Suite accounts (which I'm not familiar with).

Let us know how you fare.

Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Nicky,

That has solved the issue for me! Thank you so much for you help - it is really appreciated!