Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Google analytics codes

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

HI, I am having trouble as I seem to have 2 codes for the same website . I am very confused with this. Can someone help me please ? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Google analytics codes

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Louise, 

I'd love to help! Can you tell me a little bit more about how you're implementing your Analytics code? 

What kind of website do you have? Is it fully custom coded or is it under WordPress or a similar type of engine? If so, are you using an Analytics plugin to insert it? Inserting it manually? Or using Google Tag Manager? 

The answer these questions will help me answer your problem! 

- Josh

Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: Google analytics codes

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
HI,

Thank you,

I have 2 shopify stores. 1 Louise Shaw.com.au
2 Spiritjewel.com.au.

Louise Shaw.com.au seems to be ok

I have a google gmail account that seems to default to 1 email address.

I an not a developer or anything but I have made my shops and done all the google business and google + accounts myself

I get confused Smiley Happy

So I am wondering if I should keep the 2 analytics accounts separate. I seem to have 2 now. 1 accoccited with spiritjwl@gmail.com
and 1 associated with louladoll@gmail.com

louladoll@gmail.com has both websites associated with it and an analytics code for each website. Also an etsy account analytics code

spiritjwl@gmail.com has spiritjwl.com only associated with it and a different analytics code.

But louladoll is the default email address that google uses to identify me for everything.

Does that make sense Smiley Happy

Google analytics codes

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Your email accounts and who's connected to whom is not really relevant. Instead, what does matter is that you're not placing your Analytics code for the same 'property' (not account) more than once, otherwise you risk duplicate data. 

Its generally fine to have more than one Analytics property code on your website so long as their different properties. 

Does this answer your question? 

- Josh

Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’