Analytics
2.6K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Google analytics-One page use

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone, i am new to google analytics and i have a quick question. Was wondering if i could use google analytics software for a page or two, rather than the whole website. is there a way to manually set that up?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google analytics-One page use

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi David :-)

Are the pages within a particular directory or are they just a variety of particular pages?
Also is there other analytics tracking installed on the site (including those pages)?
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
No other analytics software is being used. we are novices and heard google analytics was great to use. Just a variety of pages. we want to track the viewer traffic for about 2-3 specific pages on the site.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author David G
March 2016

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello :-)

I'm going to suggest you tag the whole site with the tracking code if possible
and to leave the default View without any filters applied to it.

I would then create another View for testing purposes and a Master View
The Master View will have filters applied to it, to single out the couple of pages that you need data for
(use the testing view to test your filter before applying it to the Master View)

Information for creating filters can be found in the help docs
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033162?hl=en

*the filter verification will not work correctly at this stage as there will not be enough data (any) data for it to test against.

If you need further help pls post back :-)

Having said all of that, you can also jsut add the tracking code to a few pages and not the whole site.
If you do that, then no filters should be needed

Also, i do strongly recommend the following free learning resource for learning about analytics:
https://analyticsacademy.withgoogle.com/

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here