Analytics
6K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics tracking id error

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have two (2) Tracking ID's listed for my Analytics, the original one: UA-80200649-1, and one accidentally generated: UA-82760221-1. How do I switch back to and retrieve the data compiled under the original Tracking ID?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Analytics tracking id error

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi :-)
then select the applicable GA Account from the first column drop down and then the Property from the middle column drop down
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" /> body { font-family: "Calibri","Slate Pro",sans-serif,"sans-serif"; color:#262626 }
Thanks. I tried that with no success. Is there any way to search for an account via the Tracking ID?

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

If you click the Home tab after logging into GA there is search box at the top right. if you put in the Tracking ID it will bring it up in the account table so you can just click into the reports - that is assuming you are logged into GA with a Google Account that has access to that GA Property.

eta - does the tracking code on the website have the UA-80200649-1 tracking id in the GA code snippet?

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here