Analytics
3.3K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics stopped tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everybody,

I had Google Analytics set up at http://bit.ly/20nMGHj for months. But some hours stopped tracking the data for today.

I dont have filters.

Real Time is working.

No new plugins or theme in the website.

I tried to fix it with Google Analytics Debugger but the problem continue.

Any idea?  

Regards,

Alfredo

BTW I'm Top Contributor in the Google+ Spanish Forum. 

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alfredo Torres
February 2016

Re: Google Analytics stopped tracking

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Alfredo :-)
GA doesn't guarantee same day data/reporting. Normal reporting latency is 24-48hrs (hence why the reports default to the previous day as often current day data is not complete) Usually you will get data on the same day, and often very soon after it occurs on site, however its not always going to be the case.

I'm not seeing any issues with your tracking code, I'd check the reports in another few hours or tomorrow as usually the 'missing' data appears without issue.

The other thing to take into account too is data limits which can also slow up processing too

Data processing latency
Processing latency is 24-48 hours. Standard accounts that send more than 200,000 sessions per day to Google Analytics will result in the reports being refreshed only once a day. This can delay updates to reports and metrics for up to two days. To restore intra-day processing, reduce the number of sessions your account sends to < 200,000 per day. For Premium accounts, this limit is extended to 2 billion hits per month.

Reference: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1070983?hl=en

Thanks
Bronwyn :-)

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Maybe there was some server issues. If you have access to the server logs you can check if there was any "holes" in traffic.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi everyone,

Thank you. Too much sessions is the reason.

Regards,
Alfredo