Analytics
2.3K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics permissions

S H
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
S H
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am currently looking after a few websites for my company under one Google Account but I can seem to gain access to a few of them to add FILTERS. 

We've been getting traffic from sharebutton.to and I want to block them. I've received a great article to sort this out but I can't get access to the particular account to get these filters added? I am the primary holder but I can't seem to get access to the PERMISSIONS. 

Can anyone give me some help or advice?

Thanks, 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi S H,

Double check if your user permissions to create filters are set to 'edit' at the account level - as opposed to edit permission at property or view level only [1].

Best, Christoph

[1] https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2884495?hl=en

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Sarah,

be sure not to share any personal information and email addresses here in our forum because it's publicly visible. That's because we aren't Google employees but just volunteers helping other users with Google Analytics.

If you don't have that edit permission in your Analytics account you have to find the actual administrator for granting permission.

In case you can't identify him and you are an active Google AdWords customer, you might refer to Google AdWords UK hotline [1] to resolve this Analytics issue.

Otherwise, it's very hard to resolve. In this case, you might consider to start from scratch with a completely new Google Analytics account owned by you.

Best, Christoph

[1] 0800 169 0409

S H
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
S H
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hiya, 

I thought that might be the case of starting from scratch. I think I'll do that then. 

Thanks for the advice, I'll delete the last post with my details on. 

Thanks again.