Analytics
1.7K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics permission disappear.

S H
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
S H
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there, 

I am current looking after my companies website and we have hit a snag on Google Analytics where we are getting sharebutton.to traffic and I have been given a link to a very useful page in order to stop this from happen but I can seem to gain access to the particluar website...the access to FILTERS has been greyed out and I can't seem to amend these permissions. 

Is there anyone who can help or is it best to remove the Analytics code from my website pages and create a new code for reporting purposes? 

I I could really do with some advice. 

Thanks, 

Google Analytics permission disappear.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

If the access to filters is grayed out, it means that you don't have an administrator level access. Maybe you have someone in your company who has "Manage users" permissions in GA?

If you don't know the administrator or he/she has left the company, you can get in touch with Google official support to get your account back.

If you still cannot get this "Edit" or "Manage users" level access, you should create a completely new GA account and add a new code on your site.

Hope this helps.

Taavi