Analytics
4.4K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics keeps asking me to sign up

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I signed up for Analytics yesterday, and when I try to access my account, it keeps asking me to sign up, even though I'm logged in correctly. I can't access my account. Please help.

Thank you!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Analytics keeps asking me to sign up

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Steve :_)
Do you have more than one email address associated with your Google Account?
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I do. Smiley Happy However, on my PC, I've made sure I've signed out of Google, cleared my Chrome browser cache, and then tried signing in again with the same result.

Steve

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I also get the same result on my iPad, and can't sign in through the Google Analytics app. The app says "the API is not available", but I suspect it's all due to the same root issue. Wish I could get this sorted out. Thanks in advance for your help.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Is anyone able to help me out with this? I'm still experiencing the same issue.

I sign out of all other google accounts, clear my cache, resign in using the correct google account, and it continues to ask me to sign up even though I have an account.

Thanks.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I just decided to redo the whole process and sign up again. It reset the statistics, but hopefully it will work this time.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have had the exact same problem, and after continued searching for a solution to this problem the only thing that I have learned is that no one seems to have any idea how to fix this problem. It seems that many people (myself included) have been forced to completely start over and abandon all previously gathered site analytics. I suspect that this is an issue that Google has yet to fix.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@Nicholas W

Have you tried the GA account access troubleshooter?
https://support.google.com/analytics/troubleshooter/7264014

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here