Analytics
1.1K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics is no longer working. Please help!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone, 

I would really appreciate your help. I have spent quite a while on this and I just can't seem to troubleshoot it, even after reading quite a few posts in here with the same problem. I really hope one of you can help. 

My analytics were tracking well, then they stopped. I usually get over 1000 page views a day. It seems to have dropped lower one day (to 200 page views on Sep 10) and then went to 0 (on Sep 11), which I found odd. It's been at 0 ever since. 

I can't remember exactly what I was doing but I was working on my site during the time, mainly category changes, which i wouldn't think would cause an issues. 

My website: www.mothernatured.com
UA-54155436-1

I have tried numerous things. I initially was using a plugin, where you just add the UA to track GA. I deactivated it and then reactivated it... nothing. I then copied and pasted the code under Genesis>theme settings>header scripts... nothing. I have tried a couple of other things but it's not working. Currently, I have left the plugin deactivated and kept the code in the header script, if that helps. 

I really appreciate any help you can give. 

Kind regards, 

Penny

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mother N
October 2016

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi James, 

Thanks for being super fast to respond and thanks so much for your help. Sorry I haven't been able to reply back straight away. My only excuse is three kids!

I'm not sure why I have three different UAs. That's very strange. Unless they are associated with google ads? 

As far as I'm aware I only have the UA that I mentioned above (UA-54155436-1). Is there any way I can find out where those other two are on my site to remove them? 

Kind regards, 

Penny

View solution in original post

Re: Google Analytics is no longer working. Please help!

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Mother N,

I ran Google Tag Assistant on your webpage and see that it shows three Analytics accounts and one with a critical error. Are all three of these your codes? I think when you were working in the site, that perhaps you accidentally altered some code that broke the tracking code for #3. 

google tag assitant showing error.jpg

I would figure out which one of these Analytics accounts is yours and the one that was tracking all the hits before the changes, then remove the other two. Then download Google Tag Assistant, a free Google Chrome browser extension, and run it to verify the tracking code is firing properly and with no errors. Once you do, all will be great again. 

You should be able to remove them all and then simply republish your UA-54155436-1 tracking code. 

Please let us know if you need further help.

Kind Regards,

James

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mother N
October 2016

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi James, 

Thanks for being super fast to respond and thanks so much for your help. Sorry I haven't been able to reply back straight away. My only excuse is three kids!

I'm not sure why I have three different UAs. That's very strange. Unless they are associated with google ads? 

As far as I'm aware I only have the UA that I mentioned above (UA-54155436-1). Is there any way I can find out where those other two are on my site to remove them? 

Kind regards, 

Penny

Re: Google Analytics is no longer working. Please help!

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Penny,

You are very welcome. Take your time as the kids come first... we will be here when you can come back.

The tracking codes are all Google Analytics, as Tag Assistant shows. 

The first one is tied to 

<!-- All in One SEO Pack 2.3.9.2 by Michael Torbert of Semper Fi Web Design[69,76] -->

<script>
			(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
			(i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
			m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
			})(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');

ga('create', 'UA-23706060-1', 'auto');

ga('send', 'pageview');
			</script>

And the second one is 

https://www.google-analytics.com/collect?v=1&_v=j46&a=841816893&t=pageview&_s=1&dl=http%3A%2F%2Fmothernatured.com%2F&ul=en-us&de=UTF-8&dt=Mother%20Natured&sd=24-bit&sr=1920x1080&vp=1485x942&je=0&fl=23.0%20r0&_u=AACAAMABK~&jid=&cid=1037774015.1474614160&tid=UA-47496551-1&z=1094173327

And the third one, your actual one, is the one that needs reinstalled to get your data back tracking as it was. Once this is fixed, you will be in good shape while you work on the others. Download and use the Tag Assistant to see more about what is happening and test the reinstall. 

<script>
  (function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
  (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
  m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
  })(window,document,'script','https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');

ga('create', 'UA-54155436-1', 'auto');
  ga('send', 'pageview');

</script>

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi James, 

Thank you again, so much, for your help. It's working. Hooray! 

I found the first UA code and removed it but I can't find where the second one is hiding
(https://www.google-analytics.com/collect?v=1&_v=j46&a=841816893&t=pageview&_s=1&dl=http%3A%2F%2Fmothernatured.com%2F&ul=en-us&de=UTF-8&dt=Mother%20Natured&sd=24-bit&sr=1920x1080&vp=1485x942&je=0&fl=23.0%20r0&_u=AACAAMABK~&jid=&cid=1037774015.1474614160&tid=UA-47496551-1&z=1094173327).

Would you know where it might sit, by any chance?

Kind regards, 

Penny