Analytics
1.9K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics has flat lined

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My Google Analytics flat lined late in November and has been that way ever since. I'm frustrated and not sure where to even start with fixing this issue. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

website url?

Also use GA debugger: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/jnkmfdileelhofjcijamephohjechhna to debug.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you AT. I will try the debugger.
My URL is http://shabbyartboutique.com

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Mine has too. Did you ever get a response?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks for the URL. I took a quick look at your site and you've got the tracking code duplicated on your site, which can cause issues. One is on lines 57-62 and then again on 104-112. I've see this often with WordPress sites when someone has the tracking code inserted once manually and then again through a plugin. If you haven't manually inserted the code, it could also be two different plugins that are injecting the code. Did you add or update any plugins around late November? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Davin. I manually put the tracking code in a long time ago, so something has obviously happened in November to make a duplicate. Can I just remove one and resolve this issue?

Thanks again Smiley Happy

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

That's certainly where I would start because duplicate trackers can cause some irritating issues. Try isolating whatever changed in November, removing the duplicate tracker, and then see if that resolves it. If the issue persists, by all means post again in the forums. 

Hope that helps and keep us posted!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ironically, adding a second code seems to have fixed mine. I had a code but it had flatlined. I got a new one from Google and pasted it in front of the old code, which I was too chicken to remove. (I'm not much of a geek.) Now, I'm getting some activity.
(I use Dreamweaver CC)