6K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

Google Analytics doesn't seem to show traffic after setting up preferred domain

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone - I hope you can assist me with this! I've recently changed the preferred domain for my site https://bakedujour.com. Unfortunately, after doing so, it appears that views/visits are no longer being recorded by Google Analytics. I've edited the URL in GA's Admin settings to indicate that it is now https://bakedujour.com - perhaps it just needs some time to settle in? I'm pretty inexperienced with all of this, so I appreciate any guidance you can provide!

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ann N
3d

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Ann,

I checked your site and there is no working Google Analytics code. The UA ID appears in the source code with other configuration data but nothing is getting sent to Google Analytics from the website. Please check your website settings and make sure GA tracking is enabled or add the tracking code using another plugin. You can test if GA is implemented correctly using the Google Tag Assistant Chrome extension.

Hope this helps.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Arnold - thanks for your reply, and sorry I totally missed that the code was no longer on my site. Not sure how that happened. I believe it's properly installed now? I sent test traffic to my site and it appears to be working. Although when I installed the Google Tag Assistant extension, under "Where to optimize," it states that there's a "Non-standard implementation." Should I be worried about this? 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

That's fine, it is working properly now.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

That's great to hear - thanks for your help with this!