Analytics
2.2K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics and YouTube linking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, Could someone help me with my issue, please? It seems that my YouTube channel and Google Analytics are not linked, even though the tracking code presents on YouTube page. I installed Tag Assistant, which detected these errors: "Multiple Google Analytics codes detected" and "No HTTP response detected". And also in Tag Assistant on Youtube page I noticed that Property IDs are different from mine in Google Analytics. I simply want to link Google Analytics and Youtube. I will really appreciate your help. Thank you,

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I do not think it is you tracking code as such that is placed on your youtube channel but more like Google will provide you the information to your GA account once linked.

Go to https://www.youtube.com/advanced_settings when you are logged in and scroll to bottom. There is a field to place your tracking code, the UA-xxxxxxx-x

--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible

Antti Nylund, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Did my answer solve your issue? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Otherwise keep on asking.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you very much for your response! The thing is that they are already supposed to be linked, as I placed the code in the right place on YouTube page and saved it.

I see a very few views in GA, about 6, though on YouTube I have more than 1500 views.
I know that something just doesn't work. That is why I installed the Tag Assistant, and it shows also now that Multiple Google Analytics tags detected and 

Same web property ID is tracked twice, when I placed code only once. And what is more interesting there are two other property IDs in TA, which are not mine.
I think it is supposed to be a simple process linking Youtube and GA, but it is not.
If you have any ideas what can be wrong, I will be happy to hear them.

Thank you once again!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

You should not rely on Tag Assistant with Googles own services, it is not built for that.

Most likely you are looking at 2 different measurements but I'm not so familiar with Youtube analytics that I could say outright what causes the discrepancy. I'll see what I can find

--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible

Antti Nylund, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Did my answer solve your issue? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Otherwise keep on asking.