Analytics
3.8K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics Not Tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had Google Analytics set up at leisawatkins.com for years.  Months ago it stopped working. I thought it was because I had it filter wrong, but I now don't have any filters on my account. I have gone through all the tabs and just don't see where there is a setting that would show zero results for the past 8 months or so. I even deleted my account for that domain and reset it up and I am still not getting any data.

The tag is firing. 

Any suggestions?

Re: Google Analytics Not Tracking

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Tag is firing but you are not seeing any data. Perhaps you have two google analytics account/property with two analytics ID, one you are not using and one you are, and you have logged into the one that you are not using.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Hoang for jumping in to help.

Yep, the tag is firing . I am positive the tag is for the account I am logged into. I have cut and pasted the code in so many different times just to make sure. And I logged into our my work account and the data is not showing up there. I have set-up analytics for multiple accounts without any issue, it's just this one, that is having the issue. It is so odd.

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

Data seems to be going to: UA-23642285-1 .

Did you check the real time reports?
Make sure you have an unfiltered view for raw data.

Best Regards,
GA Guru.

'Star' or 'Accept as Solution' if it helped.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am logged in to UA-23642285-1 (copied and pasted from my account). It does not show some real time hits. And when I look at Filters it doesn't show anything is set-up.

I have checked both the View and the Account filters and it is not showing any filters. There are not any custom groups, etc.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Leisa W
February 2016

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Just to be extra sure it wasn't a view problem I set-up a new view and there is still no results showing.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
After months I finally got analytics working. I disabled all plugins and reactivated the essentials. I am now seeing real-time stats.

Thanks!