Analytics
4.2K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics Gone from Acct > Still Tracking on Websites

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello - My small nonprofit has verified Google Analytics is still linked on our websites, however, our Google page/apps no longer has Google Analytics.  We use it quarterly and ran reports in early April for 1Q17.  I've searched the community pages without a clear answer.  Help appreciated.  Using Windows 10.  I have been administrator for over four yrs.  Now it wants me to "sign up" when we already have an active account on three websites.  Help greatly appreciated. 

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

You are saying that Google Analytics is now presenting you with a "sign up" prompt as if you are a new user?

If so, are you using a different email address then you did in the past? Email addresses without permissions to google analytics will by default present the "sign up" option upon navigating to the GA URL.

Let me know if we are on the same page.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Correct.  I will try signing in using our "recovery" email but using our main account (which I'm signed into now) it thinks I'm a new user versus 4+ years of GA.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Only have one gmail account email, which I'm using.  Just discovered the "recovery" email is not gmail.  Nothing there to help.  System wants to start me over.  The only thing that has happened between last use (4/19/2017) and now is that our corporate office upgraded our computers to Windows 10 but that shouldn't have affected GA being available.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

GA allows you to grant permissions to non-gmail email addresses. That isn't an issue.

You are right, that upgrade should have nothing to do with it.

Still receiving the prompt? Are you the only one with Account Level (Full Access) to this account? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes. I am only full access administrator left (other staff gone) and am still unable to see our Google Analytics data without starting over.  Wants me to "sign up."  

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Port Jobs
July

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Alright, you're going to have to escalate this with Google if you are unable to find the login email address.

I'd visit the analytics support center here: https://support.google.com/analytics#topic=3544906

Reference the "Contact Us" CTA in the upper right of the screen. You will be able to specify your desired form of communication. Usually this process takes around 7-days or so. You can also, of course, specify your situation and be on hand to access unique business information that was perhaps provided initally when the account was configured. Items such as, what was the email address that was configured before (if you knew the user who set it up - what was their name, etc.).

Additionally, I know you mentioned the other staff has departed, but if there is access to any legacy email accounts or if those individuals granted access to any employees still at the company, that is a good place to exhaust. So, checking any and all email addresses that may have access would be helpful.

Hope that helps.

-Tyler

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you very much for trying!

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Of course. Keep me updated on progress made after you submit the request to Google. In certain cases I may be able to escalate it.

You'll find it!