Analytics
2.4K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics Demographics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I recently enabled Demographics for my sites but it can only pick up stats for Gender but not age. Explain why the age of the average user isn't picking up. Is it an error on my code or is it the face that not many google users does not have their age on their profile?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Analytics Demographics

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Edward,

don't know whether this will help you or not (depends on your business model & your target groups), but ages below 18 are not included in that data!

Basar
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Edward B
November 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Edward,

that's strange ... normally, age & gender always go together in AdWords and Analytics.

Maybe your amount of data is still very small and therefore not all age and/or gender types are populated yet?

Christoph

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Christoph,

The only thing I set up was Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager. Do I need to have an Adwords account as well? If so how much is it to set up?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
No, you don't need AdWords here. I just wanted to point out that in AdWords you always see both age and gender too.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I did that before and it only picks up gender only instead of age. I think the reason why other categories in gender or age aren't picking up is it might be that my audience is very small.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Edward

I am having the same problem at the moment. Did you manage to get this sorted or figure out a reason for not seeing any data for age?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Gender picked up for a bit but my guess is that the reason why I am not getting data for age and gender is due to the fact that I don't have many viewers.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Edward,
I hope you can help! I'm trying to enable the demographics and interests report to determine approx male/female visitor % but I have no idea how to do this. I thought it was under admin > property settings > but there is no further clickable option to enable anything.
Thanks in advance!
Lucy