Analytics
1.7K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics Data Threshold

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I recently started looking at my google analytics account to further understand my target audience. Under 'Demographics' there was an option to enable a feature in which I clicked enable. After enabling my previous data was deleted. Please help because Im really needed to view that previous data. I believe I enabled something to do with demographics and interests but I am confused because I thought this was already enabled before. I just want My data to come back. 

Thank You

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Analytics Data Threshold

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

I assume you have enabled advertising features, it should not affect your previous data at all. Please make sure that you are looking at the correct view, newly created or copied views do not have the historical data.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am not sure what I am doing wrong because my data is not there. Can you look into my account?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Some data in this report may have been removed when a threshold was applied.

This is what it reads for Demographics and Interests.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Did you see my response?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi,

Please read about the Demographics and Interests data thresholds in the doc below:

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2799357?hl=en#thresholds

If you have just enabled advertising features it can take up to 24 hours for the data to appear.

"You have successfully enabled the Demographic Reports. While you can access them now, it may take up to 24 hours before there is data available in these reports."

Until then you'll see "There is no data for this view." Is this the case?

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
My question is what happened to my past data????

I am looking for my past data that I cannot see anymore. All my months of data that are now missing.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This article does not answer my question on why I cannot see my past data that was there before I enabled whatever that was I enabled
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ronnie Riona F
September 2016

Rising Star
# 9
Rising Star
Ronnie,

There is a problem with the form platform where we are not getting replies. Arnold M gave you some good advice and let me expand on it slightly. The note that a threshold has been applied just means that it had not collected enough data to show you anything for demographic data yet. Google does not want you to view data on a small number of users but for you to use the data in aggregate. Once you had enough data, then it will populate.

In regards to your comment that old data is gone, please make sure you are looking at the same data view and at a report other than the demographic reports as the collection only begins once enabled.

Go to Audience>>Overview and see if you have data there.

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank You, maybe that is the case. I could of sworn there was data their previously, but maybe I'm wrong.