Analytics
1.4K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics Code Erased - Unknown Reason

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I checked my client's Google Analytics account two days ago. I found out that it does not track the traffic to the website since November 12th. I informed him about it and he found out that the code was somehow deleted. We both have no idea how it happened. However, he re-entered the code and it works again.

I would like to know whether Google Analytics or google webmaster tools has an option that can send me alert if anything like this happens again. It's very important that this tool continuously track the site.

Happy holiday season everyone.

Shoshi
1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sharol H
December 2015

Re: Google Analytics Code Erased - Unknown Reason

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
You can set up an email notification -- select Intelligence Events - Overview - Custom Alerts and follow the prompts tp send am email notification or text message if daily sessions is less than some number of your choosing.

Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sharol H
December 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
You can set up an email notification -- select Intelligence Events - Overview - Custom Alerts and follow the prompts tp send am email notification or text message if daily sessions is less than some number of your choosing.

Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Mike,

Thank you so much for your very professional and comprehensive reply.
I'm going to apply your suggestion. I had a feeling I need to set an alert in the intelligence events option, but had no idea how.

I really appreciate it that you took the time and reply.

Happy holiday season.

Shoshi