Analytics
2.7K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics Admin Data Privileges

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I would like to turn on the ecommerce feature on my Google Analytics, but right now my website developer has admin access on GA and he is the one who will be implementing the code on my website.

This means that once the code is implemented and the ecommerce feature on GA is turned on, he will be able to have access to the ecommerce data.

Is there any way so that he can still be an admin on GA but he will be prevented from being able to see the sensitive ecommerce data?

Or will we need to revoke his admin privileges?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Analytics Admin Data Privileges

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Michelle,

Ecommerce is a view level setting so anyone that can view reports on the Account level will have access to the data in all properties and views.

You will need to change this user to only have view level access and only to a duplicate view that does not have Ecommerce enabled. Even then, you may see some leakage of data for calculated metrics like page value and per visit value; bottomline, set it up and check to see that you are comfortable sharing the data that is collecting in the duplicate, non-Ecommerce view.

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn