Analytics
6.3K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics API Quota - What is a profile?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are using Geckboard to show a succinct dashboard of ecommerce values. Works fine during the day but towards the late afternoon we are getting errors due to profile quota being exceeded. Based on research I know we have a hard limit of 10k per day.

I am *totally* confused about the hierarchy of GA profiles, accounts, properties etc.  and as a result I cannot seem to find any place to check usage of the API calls that are causing the quota to exceed.

Looking for some good guidance and explanation (ELI5) where possible.

Thanks!

Brett

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, I understand what the limits are.

However I need to understand the different between a profile quota (that has a hard limit of 10,000 per day) vs other quotas that have up to 50,000 per day.

Also I am unclear where the requests to the API on our profileid are coming from. We use Geckoboard, but I am pretty sure thats not the source of the issue. What I would like to see is a usage log somewhere that shows usage by profile id.

The hierarchy between account and profile id, along with which API Geckoboard uses - is still an unknown to me.