Analytics
4.1K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics 25 View Limit Reached - How Can I Request More Views

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Good Morning, 

I'm hoping you lovely people could help me out today.

We have a client that has a requirement to have a specific view for each office of its business (franchise). Each office will only be able to see data related to their office and each office has a microsite within the site. (Stick with me guys)

My issue is there are over 80 offices, but we only have 25 views available to us. Who would I need to speak to in order to get this limit increased and do you think this is the correct implementation strategy. 

Thanks

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Olufunmi S,

As far as I know it is not possible to increase the number of view limit unless you get Google Analytics 360(premium).

Best practices on GA account structure depends on your organization/business structure( and URL structrue). In order to assist you better, can you please give more details?

* How are your URLs structured per your office?(Do you have separate url or country extension/subdirectoy ?)

* Do you have aggregated data between your websites? (Is there any case that users navigates between the franchise websites? Does each franchise website provide services separately?)

* Are you considering to have Google Anayltics 360 in future?

Based on your answers, I can suggest you options on the account structure although I can tell you in advance that it is better to consider having multiple properties or accounts.

Regards

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello, 

So I dug a bit deeper. I spoke to someone at Google via Live Chat, explained the situation and they very kindly removed the restriction and I now have a limit of 200 views. 

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Perfect. I am happy that they solved the limitation issue.

On the other hand, It is not very good practice to have multiple views per website because of Google Analytics property limitations (such as 10M hit limit). Please take a look at the following official article related to data collection limits & quotas in Google Analytics: link

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Olufunmi,

Where were you able to get access to a live chat agent? I couldn't find the option to do that. I have the same issue as you and would like to increase the number of views available to me.

Thanks!

Shilpa