Analytics
1.8K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Getting past Googles security checks page to assess my Analytics account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have had an Analytics account for many years.  Google have recently introduced a page forcing me to check security settings after I log in.  No real complaint about that but I CANNOT find a way from that page to my Analytics account.

Analytics does not appear in the list of App icons on the drop down menu (why not??).  Clicking on my bookmark to Analytics from the Account page just takes me back to the logon screen.

Help: how do I get access to my Analytics reports?  Is there any way of bypassing the security check screen?

Thank you

Ray C

3 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Ray :-)
I'm not sure what security check you are referring to.

If you are logged into your google account and go to this page:
https://www.google.com/intl/en/analytics/

Click the sign in link at the upper right and then select Google Analytics from the drop down.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Bronwyn

I replied to your email but not sure it that finds you, so repeat it here:

Quote:

Hi Bronwyn

Thanks for that.  I tried that but got “access denied”?!

I can log into Google Analytics OK but then I get the “security” page as in the screengrab below.  I’ve been through the settings to check them – all OK, but then I can’t find a way to get out of that page and into Analytics.  The G apps dropdown at top right doesn’t have Analytics listed – which is odd.  (Any idea why not?).

Any recommendations?

Best

Ray

Unquote

Sorry the screengrab won't paste here.  It is the screen with this at the top:

"Welcome, Ray Cuckow
Control, protect and secure your account, all in one place"
Regards
Ray

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Ray :-)
I didnt send you an email, the forum automatically subscribes you to your own threads and sends you an email, so you know if/when someone has replied to one of your posts.

Regarding the G Apps, not all products are listed in the Apps.. Analytics being one of them.

Are you using a desktop or a phone? 

I dont often use a phone except for phone calls, so im not familiar with the screen you are referring to.
I'll see if someone else may be able to shed some light on it for you :-)

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Bronwyn

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I'm 100% using my Dell PC, never the phone.

Do you know why G doesn't list ALL their apps in the dropdown, even if the minor ones are under "more".  And Analytics definitely isn't a minor one.

Thanks for following up - await further news in due course.

Do you have a separate email to which I could send you the screengrab of the page I'm referring too?  This page has been added fairly recently by G and appears on all of the G Analytics accounts that I run for clients.  Sensible to ask that security settings are checked but stupid not to have an obvious way out of the page!!  End of rant!

Best

Ray

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager

Hi Ray,

It sounds like you might be using Google Apps and trying to access Google Analytics from a dashboard? Do you work at a company, or with anyone who may have changed your permissions? 

When you get to "

Welcome, Ray Cuckow
Control, protect and secure your account, all in one place"
This may be a security update that you have to accept before you can proceed - what happens when you get to that page? Does it prompt you to do anything?

PS - you can add a photo to your posts by going to "Full Reply Editor" (listed below the Post button, and selecting the photo icon and uploading  photo from your desktop).

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Kathleen

When I get to that page it is obviously asking that I check my security settings, which I have done, but I then always get back to the same page.  As far as I can see there is NO 'skip this page' or any other prompt.  Just the 9-mini-squares dropdown to choose a G app, but Analytics isn't on that list - so I am stuck!!  I don't think that I'm accessing from a dashboard, just the usual login screen.

I work at my own company and no-one else has access to my PC or any settings.  Might I inadvertently have reset something and if so what??  Could it have happened when I upgrades to W10 a while ago although I seem to recall that this problem happened before that upgrade.  At the time I thought it was a good idea of G to make me consider checking my G security settings, but it makes no sense not to be able to get out of that screen, not does it make sense for G not to list ALL apps in their dropdown.

To me, it seems clear that this is a problem within Google, but.....

Or, am I doing something really stupid?!

Can I send you a screenshot of the screen if you are not familiar with it?

Best

Ray

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi Ray,

I share your frustration in the fact that Google does not include a link to Analytics in the 9-dot dropdown but that's a debate for another time ;-)

May I suggest that you try to log on to Google Analytics by using a private navigation window or tab? In Chrome, go to File > New Incognito Window

From there, it will be as though you're using a blank browser.

Next, navigate to https://analytics.google.com and try logging on to your account?

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Julien,

Yes that has worked.

I have Firefox, which has the New Private Window option.  I'll try again a few times over the next few days.

I don't know if you and your colleagues have any clout with Google but if you do it would be good if you could persuade them to:

1. Add ALL apps to the 9-dot dropdown (why would they not??)

2. Put a large "Skip this page" button on the page I've referenced.

Any chance? 

Thanks again for your help - appreciated, but we shouldn't have to struggle with work-arounds like this!!

Best

Ray

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yeah. Its crap. And all they really want is your phone number so they can sell it and cause more advertising grief. The privacy claim is pure nonsense. That what happens when everything becomes about money. Corporate greed ruins everything.